Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation!

Daily Activity: Spinning (x2) 7.5 APs

Its official! Tim and I booked our fall vacation today. We are going to Gatlinburg, TN in October for 5 days and 4 nights. I'm very excited to be going on vacation for the second time this year. When I was a kid my family always went on two vacations a year: the beach in the summer for a week and the mountains in the fall or winter. I really want to start similar traditions for our son, Lincoln.

Tim and I have been married for 7 1/2 years and we haven't been on any real vacations at all since our Puerto Rico honeymoon. One of the main reasons for this is because I never wanted to go anywhere because I was so embarassed about my weight and the way I looked. I definitely never wanted to go to the beach and be seen in a swimsuit. We went to Six Flags once and Tim at that time weighed about 350 pounds and couldn't fit on most of the rides, so I rode everything by myself. He was embarassed and I was lonely. It wasn't a good time for either of us.

Now that we have lost a significant amount of weight, I'm feeling alot more energy and desire to go out and live life to the fullest.

I normally don't like to say "I want to lose x amount of weight in y amount of time" because I don't like setting time limits on my weightloss, but I think I might make an exception for our mountain trip to help keep me motivated. I'd like to lose 1.5 pounds per week between now and when we leave for our vacation on October 29th. That would put me at 158 lbs by that date. That seems so small! That would also put me just over 100 pounds of weight lost. I'm going for it!

1 comment: