Saturday, August 8, 2009

Daily Activity: Bike riding in the park (4.5 APs)

Today was a very busy but wonderful day. I got up at 7:30 this morning (on Saturday!) to get everything packed and ready for our picnic/biking day at the park. Last night before bed I made turkey and ham wraps for our picnic with fresh vegetables and ranch dip, salsa and baked Tostitos, and fresh fruit.

Lincoln had Gymboree class this morning, so I rushed to get everything in the car and packed for that, plus a change of clothes and everything we needed to spend the day in the park.

Nothing every goes as smoothly for me as I feel like it should with all my planning and preparation. We were 15 minutes late to Gymboree (as usual), then after class I realized I didn't pack sunscreen so we whipped over to Target to get some, and I hit a car in the parking lot when I was pulling in to the parking space. Of course the woman would happen to be sitting in the car when I hit it. So we exchanged information and I set off to get my sunscreen. Lincoln screamed just about the entire time we were in the store. I've definitely learned to ignore all the stares from the childless people who are no doubt thinking, "can't you control your child?". Well no, I can't ... and good luck to you when its your turn!

Finally we make it to the park, and Lincoln is asleep in the carseat. We spend 15 or 20 minutes getting all the bikes out and setting everything up while Lincoln sleeps with the car running so he wouldn't get too hot. We test out our new bike trailer and as Tim is riding around I notice his tire is completely flat. Of course we forgot the tire pump at home, so Tim had to take everything apart, load the bikes back in his truck and go to the gas station to fill everything.

Eventually Lincoln woke up and we did get to ride our bikes. It was so much fun! We rode around for about 30 minutes, and then stopped for our picnic and rode about 30 minutes more afterwards. I burned 484 calories just riding around the park! I'm so happy that we did this. I know it seems like an incredibly simple thing, but I would have never done it in my "past life". I love my new active lifestyle!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Lincoln really enjoyed feeding the ducks. He laughed so hard at them while they attempted to choke down the bread we fed them.

Photobucket



After our day at the park we dropped Lincoln off at his grandma's and decided to go see the movie Julie & Julia. It was awesome! It was almost perfect except that I had to pee so bad I could barely take in a deep breath.

Tim and I were the youngest people in the theater by atleast 30 years. I guess that was to be expected though. I definitely recommend seeing this movie if you are a "foodie" like me. But a word of advice ... don't go hungry!


No comments:

Post a Comment