Sunday, October 4, 2009

Official Race Results

This morning I ran outside to get the newspaper to check out the official race results from yesterday's Capitol City Half Marathon and 5K. I finished 67th out of 322 runners in the 5K. Not bad!

The newspaper listed my official time as 26:08. So that was even faster than I thought I had finished.

After lunch Tim, Nicole and I went out to Swayback Bridge Trail for some mountain biking. We did the 1 mile course just to try it out since Nicole hasn't ever been out there before, and then we did the 4 mile course. We had a really good time. This was actually the first time that I've been out there when the ground was dry. I didn't get all muddy for once! Yes!

When we finished the trails, Tim wanted to ride down the road a little to the bridge. I've never ridden on the road before and it made me really nervous, but luckily we never saw one car. Coming down the hill towards the bridge I got my bike up to almost 23 mph. I actually started to get scared because I was going so fast!

We stopped by the grocery store on the way home to buy dog food and salsa and ended up spending almost $180 on random stuff. Don't you just hate that?! But one cool thing we got that I've never been able to find before was Spaghetti Squash. I've been itching to try it. So tomorrow night I think I'm going to make spaghetti squash with meat sauce for dinner.

Do you cook with spaghetti squash? What kinds of things have you made with it besides ... spaghetti?

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the race! Sounds like a really fun time! I have issues like that with Target, I spend WAAAAAY too much money there. Good luck with the spaghetti squash, I have no idea how to cook it. have fun!

    ReplyDelete