Monday, October 12, 2009

My Awesome Deals!

I broke my challenge to go two weeks without going grocery shopping. But I've been doing some research into "couponing", and I found some really great deals. I had no idea that there was more to using coupons than just clipping them and saving $.45 here and there. Apparently you can stack manufacturers coupons with store coupons with BOGOs and sale items and really save a bundle (and sometimes even get things for free). Who knew?!

I spent a large part of the morning on the Southern Savers website researching some good deals, and decided I better "strike while the iron is hot" so to speak and snatch these deals up.

I did my research, made my lists, clipped my coupon and set off for some savings! The first place I went was Walgreens. Now I would have never thought to go to Walgreens for grocery items, but I got a couple really great deals that I'm excited about. Here is the loot ...

Photobucket

I got two packs of Huggies diapers, 4 cans of Progresso soup, and 2 cans of Campbells soup. The normal price for all these items at my store would have been: $38.10. Diapers are expensive, in case you didn't know!

The diapers were on sale for $9.99 each, I used 2 - $2 off coupons and got $4 in Register Rewards. So each pack only cost me: $5.99.

For the Progresso soup I used a Walgreens 4 for $5 coupon, and stacked it with a $1.10 off 3 coupon. Each can only cost me: $.97. They are normally about $2.25 each!

The cans of Campbells Soup were Buy One Get One Free. I also used a $1 off 2 coupon. Each can normally costs $1.69 and I got each one for: $.35!

All in all I saved $17.15 at Walgreens.

After Walgreens I went to Publix. Publix has one of the best coupon policys around. They accept competitors coupons, they double coupons under $.50, and they stack manufacturers and store coupons. You can also buy only 1 of their BOGO items for half price instead of buying 2. Here is my loot from Publix:

Photobucket

2 Pillsbury Crescent rolls, Wet Ones, Lysol Spray, 4 Clorox Wipes, 2 Publix Wipes, Colgate Toothpaste, Betty Crocker Mashed Potatoes, Quick Oats, Knorr Pasta Sides, Salad Pockets (Pita Bread), 2 Chex Mix, Muir Glen Organic Tomato Soup, Publix Coffee, Hunts Diced Tomatoes, PAM, 4 bags steamable vegetables, and Huggies Overnights.

I won't go through all of the prices of these items, but here are a few of the best deals I got.
  • Betty Crocker Potatoes (normally $1.69): BOGO + .40 off 1 coupon (doubled) = $0.04!
  • Chex Mix (normally $2.50 each): $1 off 1 Target Coupon + $.50/2 (doubled) = $1 each
  • Huggies Overnights (normally $10.49): $2 off Coupon + $3 off Publix Coupon = $5.49
  • Wet Ones (normally $2.59): on sale for $1.50 + $1 off 1 Coupon = $.50!
  • Clorox Wipes & Publix Wipes (normally would have cost $19.94 for all 6): B2G1 coupon + buy theirs, get ours deal + sale price = $6 for all ($1 each!)
  • Publix Coffee (normally $.299) = $.01 with Weekly Ad coupon
  • Lysol Cleaner (normally $2.69): BOGO + $.50 off Coupon (doubled) = $0.85!

I saved a total of $42.91 with BOGOs and coupons at Publix!

It definitely took some time and energy but with the amounts I saved I feel like it was definitely worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment