I spent a large part of the morning on the Southern Savers website researching some good deals, and decided I better "strike while the iron is hot" so to speak and snatch these deals up.
I did my research, made my lists, clipped my coupon and set off for some savings! The first place I went was Walgreens. Now I would have never thought to go to Walgreens for grocery items, but I got a couple really great deals that I'm excited about. Here is the loot ...
The diapers were on sale for $9.99 each, I used 2 - $2 off coupons and got $4 in Register Rewards. So each pack only cost me: $5.99.
For the Progresso soup I used a Walgreens 4 for $5 coupon, and stacked it with a $1.10 off 3 coupon. Each can only cost me: $.97. They are normally about $2.25 each!
The cans of Campbells Soup were Buy One Get One Free. I also used a $1 off 2 coupon. Each can normally costs $1.69 and I got each one for: $.35!
All in all I saved $17.15 at Walgreens.
After Walgreens I went to Publix. Publix has one of the best coupon policys around. They accept competitors coupons, they double coupons under $.50, and they stack manufacturers and store coupons. You can also buy only 1 of their BOGO items for half price instead of buying 2. Here is my loot from Publix:
I won't go through all of the prices of these items, but here are a few of the best deals I got.
- Betty Crocker Potatoes (normally $1.69): BOGO + .40 off 1 coupon (doubled) = $0.04!
- Chex Mix (normally $2.50 each): $1 off 1 Target Coupon + $.50/2 (doubled) = $1 each
- Huggies Overnights (normally $10.49): $2 off Coupon + $3 off Publix Coupon = $5.49
- Wet Ones (normally $2.59): on sale for $1.50 + $1 off 1 Coupon = $.50!
- Clorox Wipes & Publix Wipes (normally would have cost $19.94 for all 6): B2G1 coupon + buy theirs, get ours deal + sale price = $6 for all ($1 each!)
- Publix Coffee (normally $.299) = $.01 with Weekly Ad coupon
- Lysol Cleaner (normally $2.69): BOGO + $.50 off Coupon (doubled) = $0.85!
I saved a total of $42.91 with BOGOs and coupons at Publix!
It definitely took some time and energy but with the amounts I saved I feel like it was definitely worth my time.