Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Voice Inside My Head

I woke up this morning just before 6:30 with plans of going to Callaway Gardens today. I checked the weather report last night and knew that it was probably going to rain most of the day, but my husband assured me that there would plenty of things to do indoors. I decided to take a look at the weather again while everyone else was still sleeping, and it looked about the same as expected. But tomorrow is suppose to be mostly sunny. So we are going to go tomorrow instead. I just hate to drive all that way and pay $30 for admission and not be able to do the bike trail or walk through the gardens.

I decided to go for a morning run since I was already awake. I drove to my normal parking spot and started my run. I normally do 2 laps around the neighborhood, which is almost exactly 5 miles. But today somewhere along the way I started thinking some crazy thoughts like, "what if I could do 3 laps today instead of just 2?", "what if I ran 7 miles?".

After my first lap I was already starting to feel winded, so I nixed the idea of running farther than normal. But for some reason this voice kept saying things to me ... "its Saturday, you have plenty of time ... the weather is beautiful, just slow down and keep going". Everytime I seriously wanted to quit I thought about how accomplished I would feel if I was able to run 7 miles. And somehow I pushed through and did it.

Photobucket

As you can see it took me 1 hour and 8 minutes to run the 7 miles. I was trying hard not to concentrate on my time, to just keep putting one foot infront of the other. But I'm a very competitive person so it was hard for me not to race myself.

Mile 1: 9:06
Mile 2: 9:19
Mile 3: 9:35
Mile 4: 9:57
Mile 5: 10:07
Mile 6: 10:09
Mile 7: 10:09

I was pretty sweaty and disgusting by the time I finished, but so happy and proud!

Photobucket

Suprisingly I wasn't very hungry when I got back home. I had to remind myself that I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. So I made some yogurt with Kashi Crunch and some melon for breakfast. Its my new favorite for the moment.

Photobucket

What is your go-to breakfast food? I'm always up for new ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 7 miles! That's incredible. You should be so proud of yourself. I think the grin on your face says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with your run girl. You did great. I hate running :)

    ReplyDelete