Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Freezer Meals and A New 'Do

As promised I'm finally going to talk about my freezer meals. As I said before I bought a couple new books that I was really excited about that talked about cooking for a day and eating for a month. So I defrosted all my meat in the freezer thats just been sitting around and picked out several recipes to make one day that I could freeze in individual servings for my family when I'm at work and for lunches. Kinda like homemade Lean Cuisines. I actually couldn't end up making all the recipes in one day because I ran out of time and got absolutely exhausted, so I spread it out over two days. And here are my thoughts on the matter:

Pros:


  1. My freezer is full of delicious looking meals.
  2. I won't be spending money on Lean Cuisines, etc for a very long time.
  3. I got rid of alot of extra meat that I've had sitting around for months.

Cons:

  1. I feel like I wasted almost 2 entire days doing nothing but cooking.
  2. I probably ate an extra 10 points over the 2 days tasting everything I made.
  3. Every dish in my kitchen was dirty.
  4. I was absolutely exhausted.
  5. I never want to cook again, atleast not for a very long time and I usually love cooking.
  6. Several of the recipes ended up being much higher points than I anticipated from a book that calls itself "Light".

Here are some pictures of the things I made:



Photobucket
Poppyseed Ham and Cheese Melts

Photobucket
17 of them to be exact.

Photobucket
Artichoke Chicken Bake (too many points!!!)

Photobucket
Mushroom Turkey Burgers

Photobucket
White Chicken Chili

Photobucket
Lemon Butter Shrimp


I also made: London Broil, Baked Penne, Chicken Enchiladas, Sweet and Sour Pork and Chicken Broccoli Skillet.

Although its a good idea if you have alot of time on your hands, I don't think I'll be doing this again. What I think I'll do in the future is just double or triple the recipes I'm already planning on making and freeze the extras instead of trying to do big cooking days like this again.


On another note, I got a brand new hairdo today. If you know me you would know that I've basically had the same hairstyle all my life. I get stuck in a rut with my hair just like I do with other aspects of my life. But since I've lost weight and gotten healthier I've found a brand new confidence I never had before and decided it was time for a change. So here are my before and after pictures:

Photobucket
Before

Photobucket
After

I love the cut and style and especially the color. I've never had highlights before. The things I'm not so fond of are that I can't put it in a ponytail for working out anymore and my bangs are in my eyes. But its a nice change and I'm super excited that I went through with it and didn't chicken out. (I almost did).

Well thats it for tonight. Tomorrow I'll tell you about my first Zumba class I did today. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Holy cooking BAT GIRL !! Great idea, but I see how it can be exhausting - you cooked your tushy off. I love your hair, it looked great before but the new do really brings out your eyes and totally suits your face structure, hello goregous cheek bones!!

    ReplyDelete