Monday, September 7, 2009

Owning a Moutain Bike, Does NOT Make You a Mountain Biker!

Tim convinced me to go Moutain Biking with him this morning at Swayback Trail Bridge. There are 5 different courses: blue, green, yellow, red, and black. We did blue, green and yellow. Blue is the beginner 1 mile course, green is 2.5 miles and yellow is 4 miles.

Photobucket


I have to say I was very scared at first. After all, I am the girl who when she got her new mountain bike was too scared to even ride it out of her driveway (only 2 months ago). I was also very self conscious around the other bikers who were obviously very hardcore and knew what they were doing. There were many times I had to stop and walk up or down a steep hill. I felt better though when I saw other people doing the same thing. Tim even fell off of his bike a couple of times, which of course I used as a photo opportunity.

Photobucket

We left covered in mud, exhausted, with ridiculously sore butts, and all kinds of bumps, bruises and blisters but we had a great day together. I never realized how close this trail was to where we live. We will definitely be going again soon.


Photobucket

Tonight we were ravenously hungry after burning so many calories on the trail today (800 for me, and 2200 for him, tell me how thats fair!?!) and we treated ourselves to Filet Mignon, Twice Baked Potatoes, and sauteed green beans. It was delish!

Photobucket

Have a goodnight! Tomorrow I'll tell you about my freezer meals I made today.

2 comments:

  1. Go you! Well done, I bet you felt great afterwards. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bike riding looks like so much fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete