Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Busy but Great Day!

Today I got up at 6:40 am (yes, thats right on a Saturday! What is wrong with me?!), to go running at the park with some friends of mine from work. Of course I was late as usual, and everyone was waiting on me, but such is life with a 1 year old. Tim and I met Bailey and Nicole at the entrance to the park, and we set out to run from one entrance to the opposite entrace and back again. I measured it out ahead of time on Mapmyrun.com to be approximately 3 miles. Bailey got a bad blister on her foot and ended up leaving after we made it back to our car, but I wanted to run some more so I ended up going 4.18 miles.


This was my first run with my Garmin Forerunner and it is FREAKING AWESOME! I'm so in love. It tracked my pace, calories, heart rate, time, distance and much more. I love the fact that I can just look down at my wrist to find out exactly how far I've run. It really frees you up to run anywhere. But my absolute favorite thing was that I could create a map of exactly where I ran!This is the map from my run today:



Photobucket

The run today was alot harder than my usual runs. The park has a couple ruthless hills that are killer. But I've never run with Bailey before today, and she is a beast. I could barely keep up. But I did. She was running at about a 9:20 pace, and I'm used to running at more like a 10:20 pace.

Here are a couple pictures of us from after our run:



Photobucket
Bailey and I

Photobucket
Tim and I.

Photobucket
Nicole and I.

After our run we came home and I cooked a big breakfast of scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and Kashi Strawberry waffles. Yummy!

Then Tim and Lincoln took a nap and I decided to treat myself to a pedicure.

Photobucket

This afternoon we took my bike in to get it tuned up so that I can ride it again. Tim and I are planning on meeting Nicole again tomorrow at the same park and riding bikes together and having a picnic.

The only part of the day that sucked was that I got a Jury Duty Summons in the mail. I'm definitely not excited about that. I've never had to do jury duty before and I was kinda hoping to keep it that way.

Well, I'm gonna go pack up our picnic so that hopefully we won't be late tomorrow like we usually are. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment