Thursday, September 24, 2009

Book Review: Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster

I recently finished reading the book Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster and I was going to write a review of the book for you guys. However, I just ran across this video that sums the book up perfectly.


I had mixed feeling about this book. I really loved Jen and the way she writes. She is hilariously funny and there were several times when I was literally laughing my ass off while reading this book. The thing that I didn't like about this book was that almost the entire book is about the process of her writing the book. It wasn't until about 75% through the book when she actually started losing weight. The majority of the book was her writing about why she didn't want to lose weight but she felt she had to so that she could write this book.

Overall I'm glad I read the book, although I don't think it was especially motivating as far as a weightloss memoir goes. But it was definitely good for some laughs.

I'm going to give this book 3/5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you that this didn't really turn into a weightloss memoir...more of a year in my life book. She still makes me laugh though and I LOVE Pretty in Plaid, that was pretty hilarious.

    ReplyDelete