Sunday, September 13, 2009

A New Personal Record and Coupon Shopping.

Today was my only day off that I will have for 8 days, so I had alot of things to pack into one day. I didn't want to go biking or to the gym today because I wanted to stay home and spend the day with my husband and son. So while the baby took a nap this afternoon I just ran on my treadmill. Which is far inferior to running outside of course, but it gets the job done.

I thought since I wasn't under any time restraints like I usually am when I run on my treadmill that I might try to run 6 miles instead of my normal 5 miles. I'm very pleased to say that I was able to do it! It took me 1 hour and 2 minutes, but I did it. So that is now a new personal distance record for me. I also set a new weekly AP record this week; I earned 39.5 APs!

I needed to go grocery shopping today. Grocery shopping is always a big ordeal for me because I have to start by planning my menu for the week, sometimes I even have to clean out the refrigerator, search the sales ads for good buys, make a list, etc. And now I've added one more step to the mix. I've been clipping coupons and searching online for coupons for things we normally buy, trying to save a few bucks.

I saved over $60 on my groceries tonight! I saved about $15 in coupons and the rest was BOGOs. I got some really good deals!

After running and shopping we made some yummy chicken fajitas for dinner:


I ate two huge fajitas with cheese, sour cream, salsa and cilantro. I'm so deliciously full. I just hope it doesn't sit too heavy on me for weigh-in in the morning. I need a loss this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment