Monday, October 19, 2009

Official Chili Trot Results and Leg Cramps

I got my official results from the Chili Trot 5K that I ran this past Saturday. I was very surprised to find out that I finished 11th! That is out of 71 runners. My official time was 25:03. I was the 5th female to finish. Unfortunately I don't know how I did in my age category because the race results didn't have the ages listed.

I've been having strange leg cramps for a while now, and its really starting to bother me. It doesn't happen while I am running, but it happens sometimes after I run if I ran really hard. But for the most part it is happening at night. I've had Charlie Horses in my legs before occasionally, but never anything like this. Its gotten to the point where its happening multiple times a night. Any time I stretch my legs out and point my toes I get a cramp. Most of the time I can feel when its about to start and I can flex my foot real fast and make it stop. Everyone I've talked to says that I need to, "eat more bananas", but I feel like I have a really well rounded diet (including bananas) and I take vitamins every day. Maybe its time to see a doctor about it.

Have any other runners experienced these leg cramps in the night? If so what did you do about it?

I'm planning on starting a Half Marathon Training program today, but honestly I'm not very excited about it. I think with my strange work schedule I'm going to have a hard time sticking to the training schedule. I'm also not very excited about the runs in the first few weeks. I chose a program for intermediate runners, but the runs in the first couple of weeks are only 3-6 miles long. I've heard good things about the program though, so I'm going to give it a shot unless I find another program in the meantime that fits my schedule better.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the Half Marathon training. That is so exciting :-) I am looking forward to doing some 5K's next year. I also experience terrible cramping in my calves after/during running. It's pretty terrible. Hope you're able to get it taken care of.

    ReplyDelete