Monday, October 5, 2009

Last Weigh-In Day Post

I have decided that after today I'm not going to post my weight every week. I feel like the scale doesn't always reflect the work that I've done and I don't want anyone (including myself) to get discouraged by that. I've been bouncing up and down alot lately, and rather than focus on the ups and downs of the scale I would rather focus on my nutrition and activity.

The bottom line is that I have lost 100 pounds! Whether I gain a pound this week, or lose 3 pounds next week really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things. The important thing is that I'm active and healthy and that the scale continues to ultimately go in a downward direction. I have about 15-20 more pounds to lose and that might take me 6 weeks or 6 months. Who knows? I'll definitely let you know when I hit my goal weight though. I will also continue to update my weight tracker at the top of the page.

So ... for my final weigh-in post, I gained 0.4 lbs this week. I'm not surprised at all by this, if anything I'm surprised it wasn't more than that. I did ok on my activity this week, but I had a couple of rough days with my eating.

I've been thinking about training for a half-marathon. A friend of mine gave me this article out of a magazine that she found. The only problem I have with this training program is that it seems pretty strict. Because of my odd work schedule I won't always be able to do everything as its posted here. I think I could probably use this as a basis for creating my own custom training program though that would fit my work schedule better.


half


What do you think of this plan? Do you know of any other training programs that might be better? Would it be reasonable for me to change this around to comply with my work schedule better?

No comments:

Post a Comment