Friday, October 23, 2009

Freaked Out About Maintenance.

I cheated and weighed myself this morning even though my weigh-in day isn't until Monday. If what I weighed today sticks around I'm only going to be about 5 or 6 pounds away from my goal weight. You'd think I'd be ridiculously happy about that, and I am in a way, but I'm pretty freaked out and a little scared too.

I've never in my life maintained my weight. I've either been losing weight or gaining weight as long as I can remember. I don't know how to do anything else! I'm curious about how much I'll be able to eat on my maintenance program. I don't want to slack off on my exercise, I'd much rather just eat more!

Most likely it will be a few more weeks until I have to worry about how its all going to work though because next week I'm going on vacation. I'm not planning on being super strict about what I eat while I'm on vacation, but I'm hopefully not going to blow myself out of the water either. I'm planning on staying on track with my half-marathon training while I'm gone also. I hope there will be some great scenic places to run up in the mountains.

So far my eats today have included:

Photobucket
Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt with Kashi Crunch cereal.

Photobucket


A ham sandwhich on Arnold's Sandwhich Thins with Laughing Cow cheese, sprouts, onions, lettuce and mustard. Stacy's Simply Naked Bagel chips, and baby carrots.

I also snacked on some Chex Mix (I'm telling you, I'm addicted!), a Gala apple and a Homemade Clif Bar that Tim made (more on that later). Tonight for dinner we are having Pork Tenderloin and some undetermined vegetables.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, What a fantastic achievement! 5 lbs away! Are you goign to change any behaviors because you are in maintenance? Or are you just going to up your calories a little. It looks from this angle that you are being so healthy so it might not change much. Once again. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maintenance is a tough one! I thought something magical happened when you reached goal. In my dreams, it meant that you could go back to what was normal eating. We became WW lifers in April of this year. We are newbies at maintenance. Maybe we can journey through these uncharted territories together!

    We enjoyed your blog. Impressive running & weight loss! You rock!

    ReplyDelete