Monday, November 2, 2009

100th Post!

I just realized today that I had written 99 posts so far, so this makes number 100!

We finally made it home from Gatlinburg. We left at 9:30 am and arrived home at 9:10 pm. I packed a big picnic lunch before we left the cabin this morning so we wouldn't have to spend any extra money eating out on the way home. We started getting really hungry about 11:45 and decided to stop at the next rest area to eat. When we finally saw a rest area sign it said CLOSED. There was nowhere else in close proximity to stop so we ended up eating our picnic lunch on the side off the hood of my car on the side of the road.

We decided to stop in Birmingham and visit for a while with my best friend, Vanessa, and give Lincoln a chance to play and stretch his legs. Vanessa has a son that is only 6 weeks older than Lincoln. We all ate dinner at my most favorite restaurant ever, Surin West. I had decided this morning that I was back on track 100% with my eating plan, but that went out the window as soon as I decided on Surin West for dinner. I could have definitely stayed on track, but as I mentioned before it is my most favorite restaurant of all time. I only get to eat there maybe once or twice a year. I ordered Surin baskets for an appetizer and Chicken Masaman with Avacado for my entree. It was divine as usual.

I was planning on going straight to bed as soon as we got home tonight (I actually fell asleep in the car). But when we finally got home I remembered that I had recorded the NY Marathon yesterday and I've been dying to watch it. It was absolutely inspiring! I don't know that I could ever be a marathoner, but I would have never thought I would have been able to run as far as I can now or that I would have ever lost over 100 pounds, so who knows?! Maybe one day!

I was so happy for the American that won for the first time in over 20 years. It was amazing to watch! I felt so bad for the British woman who was the favorite to win because she had some kind of hamstring injury and ended up finishing 4th. As soon as she crossed the finish line she grabbed her left leg and started crying. You could tell that something was wrong because she was so far behind the leader, but you couldn't tell from watching her run that her leg was hurting as bad as it was. I can't imagine running through that kind of pain. She never gave up though.

Anyway ... I'm headed to bed. Tomorrow is "get back on track" day. For real this time. LOL
Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment